America On Track has received numerous awards and commendations celebrating the success of programs that have achieved meaningful and measurable results. Recognition has come from the local, state and national level, including the President's Service Award presented to Terry Thompson and Claire Braeburn at the Oval Office
for exemplary volunteer achievement.
Awards & Recognition:
- Received the 2010 Community Building Award - Sports & Fitness Initiative of the Year given by the City of Santa Ana.
- 2009 Women Making a Difference State Senator Lou Correa recognized Terry Thompson and Claire Braeburn for extraordinary dedication and contribution to the Orange County community.
- 2009 Service to Science Academy Opportunity to broaden existing science-based evaluation process through the Center for Substance Abuse Prevention.
- America On Track Teen Mentor received the 2008 Disneyland Resort Scholarship.
- Received the 2004 Community Building Award given by the City of Santa Ana.
- The 2002 Youth Ambassador of Peace Award, given by the Orange County Violence Prevention Coalition, was awarded to On Track's Teen Executive Board President, Craig Chen.
- Received the 2001 Outstanding Supporters of Prevention Award given by Irvine Community Drug Prevention.
- Received the 2001 "Julie Mayer Award" from the Anaheim Arts Council in recognition of contributions to "Art in Public Places" for a mural honoring Cesar Chavez and "Celebrating the Community" at Magnolia High School.
- The 2000 Ambassadors of Peace Award given by the Orange County Violence Prevention Coalition was awarded to Terry Thompson and Claire Braeburn.
- Received the 1999 Service to Mankind Award from the Sertoma Club of Anaheim.
- Terry Thompson and Claire Braeburn were honored by the President of the United States in the Oval Office and were recognized for exemplary volunteer achievements.
- 1998 President's Service Award Winners In November 1998, Terry Thompson and Claire Braeburn of Orange County On Track were the recipients of a prestigious national award: the President's Service Award, co-sponsored by the Points of Light Foundation and the Corporation for National Service. There were over 3,500 nominations throughout the United States, and a panel of judges chose Terry and Claire as 2 of 18 winners in the nation for outstanding service to youth.
- A Grass Roots Garden and Plaque was dedicated to Orange County On Track at the Westminster Public Library in June of 1998.
- The first ever Youth Ambassador of Peace Award, given by the Orange County Violence Prevention Coalition, was awarded to On Track's Teen Executive Board Member, Yen Duong, in June of 1998.
- Members of the Attorney General's Youth Council on Violence Prevention. In 1997, Executive Director, Claire Braeburn, and On Track Teen Council member, Yen Duong were chosen by the Attorney General of California as the only Orange County representatives to serve a 14-month term on his statewide Youth Council on Violence Prevention.
- Received the 1997 Outstanding Contributions to Education Award from the Orange County Department of Education.
- Received the 1997 O.C. Spirit of Volunteerism Award from the Volunteer Center Orange County and JC Penny.
- Received the 1996 - 1997 Huntington Beach Administrators' Association Community Service Award "Representing The Best In School-Community Partnerships," for work with the teens at Westminster High School.