America On Track has two highly customized, time-proven mentoring programs:
- Kids On Track... Through Mentoring & Fitness
- Mentoring Children of Prisoners program
Since 1995, these two programs alone have generated over 150,000 hours of services to disadvantaged youths and their families, which in turn have generated 20 local, state and national awards for outstanding youth services. In 2004 and again in 2010, On Track received the Santa Ana Community Building Award and in 1999, Terry Thompson and Claire Braeburn were honored by the President of the United States, at the Oval Office, for exemplary volunteer achievements.
Does On Track Mentoring Work?
Kids On Track…Through Mentoring
from the 2009 - 2010
program year include:
- 100% of the teachers reported seeing academic improvements in the students they referred;
- Over 90% of the teachers reported greater homework completion rates at the end of the year;
- Over 95% of the students reported awareness of the harmful consequences of drugs by the end of the year;
- Over 90% of the students reported awareness of the negative effects of gang involvement, and
- Over 80% of the students either maintained and/or developed positive connections and attitudes towards school.